I cannot believe Lewis is 16 months old, well actually he’s
almost 16.5 months old now. We have been super busy in the last month and a
half with a trip to Kentucky to see Tony and Nicole at their wedding shower.
Then Tim and I took our trip to Abilene and two weeks later we headed down to
Plant City, FL for Tony and Nicole’s Wedding. We are finally back home now and
Tim is gearing up for Unify this weekend.
When Tim and I returned from Abilene Lewis had lost 2 pounds
and was horribly sick. His ear infection was at it’s worse and on top of that
he had a virus that cause a soar throat, runny nose, and 14 days of diarrhea!
His poor little bottom was as red as a tomato. Plus, he had serious separation
anxiety and was very angry I left him. He made sure to let me pay for it for a
good 3 weeks too. Even his nursery workers said he hadn’t been the same since
we left him.
Lewis at this point in life:
-Loves to read books. He’s very good at sitting down and
reading them himself as well!
-He really enjoys stickers! OMGoodness, I can’t seem to buy
enough.
-“Ball” or “A Ball”- the most common word out of his mouth.
-He also says:
“ABoo” Which sounds like the monkey from Aladin.
“Car” Which sounds like Kaar
“Boo” playing peek-a-boo
“Uh-Oh”, but he has usually dropped something on purpose and
wants someone to pick it up.
I tried to count the other day… he says around 30 words
total.
 |
| I caught him quietly reading. What a good boy! |
 |
| He loves this tunnel and he loves it even more if I chase him through it. |
 |
| Big Cheesy Smile and runny nose. |
The below pictures are of us in Plant City, FL. The wedding was beautiful and we had some great quality time with family.
 |
| Grandma Randolph letting Lewis play with Grandpa's eyeglass case, which was soon covered in stickers. Thankfully, Grandpa loves Lewis so much he didn't mind. I bet Grandpa still has those stickers on it too! |
 |
| Like Father, Like Son, Like Grandson. Lewis is totally a Randolph boy, can't you tell?!? |
 |
| We took Lewis to Dinosaur World! I think Tim had as much fun if not more than Lewis. Have I mention... Tim wanted to BE a dinosaur as a child. |
 |
| Digging for bones, we found some, but we also found a lot of sand in his diaper later. |
 |
| Grandma and Grandpa! Lewis loves them so much! |
 |
| T-Rex |
 |
| Aunt Nicole at the wedding rehearsal dinner! Isn't she gorgeous?!? |
 |
| Lewis took a liking to Great Grandma as well! |
 |
| Finally, a family picture. I think it's the only one we got all weekend. |
 |
| Grandma and sweet Lew |
 |
| Lewis wanted to pull off those earrings! |
 |
| Grandpa and Lewis. I think Lewis is smitten! |
 |
| The little ring bearer. Lewis did such a good job riding down the isle in a wagon. Thanks to Dum-Dums he stayed quiet through the whole wedding! I was trying to remain calm, but I was a nervous wreck. |
Today we had our weekly play date with April and her wonderful children, Jack (4 yr.), Claire, (3 yr.) and Sam (18 mo.) Oh and her baby bump that's due late August!
April and I had been inspired by a blog to have a daily tea time with our children. Therefore, we did a picnic tea this afternoon! Lewis and Sam enjoyed a de-cafe mixed berry blend in their sippy cups, while the rest of us enjoyed a more sophisticated English Breakfast in our plastic cups. We served a mix of fruit, cheese and muffins! Yum! I wish we could do this everyday.
 |
| Enjoying his tea. |
 |
| Lewis LOVED the muffins! |
 |
| Jack and Claire playing with the kitchen in our storage unit out back. |
Lewis is getting tubes put in his ears! I must admit I
always thought the kids who had to get tubes were the ‘weaklings’. I confess I
actually thought… my child won’t be
sick all the time, he won’t get ear infections, and he won’t have to get tubes.
How foolish was I.
I’ve spoken with many friends who have children with tubes
and across the board people said, “It changed my child overnight… they were so
much happier.” This part I am looking forward to the most! Since Lewis has had
an almost constant ear infection since November I can’t really say I know his
‘true’ personality. I would like to think he’s a happy boy, but he is very
attached to me and is usually upset if I’m not within eyesight. I’m not sure if
this is his personality, stage of toddler hood, or just the constant earache he
has to deal with. I’m hoping some
of this goes away when the infection is cleared out. Needless to say, I am looking forward to this surgery being done!
 |
| My sweet boy! He's a cuddle bug. |
No comments:
Post a Comment