Sunday, July 17, 2011

Cry Baby Cry

As you might guess from the title above we are letting Lewis "cry it out." I know some people think this is horrible and slightly abusive- NOT ME. Man girl, this stuff works. Yes, it's so hard to hear your baby cry, but I cannot tell you what a life change it has brought us. Lewis had started waking up 5-7 times a night again. Yes, that's right FIVE to SEVEN times! That is just ridiculous. One night as Tim and I were going to bed we started talking and I said, "Now honey, I want to try crying it out, but we need to do it on a night we don't have to get up early the next morning." We went to bed in agreement. Well about an hour passes and Lewis is up, but he wouldn't nurse he just wanted to cry and have us rock him back to sleep. I wake up Tim and tell him it's 'his turn'. He gently told me, "Sara, if I take him we are crying it out." At first I thought oh we aren't ready for this. Well I suppressed those feelings and said, "Okay. Let's do it." When we worked out our plan of action (very important!) we put Lewis back down and said, "Night Night." Well I'd like to say he knew we were serious and went right to sleep, but this boy wanted to make sure this was the real deal. Lewis cried off and on for 3 hours. It was rough and it was hard, but hot diggity dog Lewis slept until 6:30 this morning!

Lets just say we will do things very differently with the next child, including trying this sooner.

No comments: