Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Kansas

Well we went to Kansas last week. My Mom was going to fly here, but we decided it would be better if we went to see her... allowing us to see everyone else as well!

We had a very relaxing time. The week flew by and Lewis did great. He slept as soon as we took off and didn't wake up until we landed. This allowed Tim and I to play 2 hours of 'Angry Birds' on my iPad. (That game is addictive.)

Greg and Melissa have been house parents for Carpenter's Place in Wichita for 2.5 years. They have a great ministry and are loving it more every day. The girls are precious and I am always sad to leave them not knowing if I will get to see them again. Their house has a neat set up... the girls and Greg and Melissa have separate 'quarters' then there are the shared 'quarters'. It's a huge house being a little over 6000 sq. ft. with 2 dishwashers, 2 dryers, 2 washers, at least 8 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms and a kitchen table big enough to hold everyone plus a few. Greg and Melissa have 3 of the 8 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms as well as a living room and play room separate from the girls. My favorite part of the house is the pantry! Oh my... this thing is bigger than any walk-in closet I've had. This job takes a lot of love, grace, patience and organizational skills to care for up to 7 girls as well as your own 3 children. This job isn't for everyone, but there are many perks. The best perk is getting the chance to show God's love 24/7 to girls you bring into your home.
Tim and Lewis at Greg and Melissa's house.


Lewis and I in my parent's kitchen... notice how both of his arms are in front. Lewis cannot stand to feel trapped or dependent. (Sounds a little like me I must admit.)

This isn't a great picture by any means, but it typical boy time... wrestling and crawling around.

As you can see Lewis is into EVERYTHING. Once he learned how to open the drawer I tried to tape it shut... Lewis quickly figured out he just needed to pull harder to break the tape. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bummer that I missed you! I don't think I'll see you in Kansas again!