Thursday, November 3, 2011

Ten and a Half Months Old

I cannot believe Lewis' first birthday is just around the corner. Lewis is 10.5 months now and doing well. Here is what he has been up to since I last posted:

- Lewis has become a good eater. He loves textures and really prefers them over blended baby food. Bananas, blueberry pancakes and bread are his favorite foods. We gave him chicken for the first time a few weeks ago and since then he has tried hamburger and fish. Besides a few days when he spit out everything I put in front of him, he has been good at the dinner table.
- He still isn't walking independently, but yesterday he stood up without any assistance. 
- He loves to mimic Tim and I and will do 'back-and-forth gestures' with us.
- His favorite toys are cars, books and balls. 
- Lewis gives lots of kisses and is very affectionate; although, he likes his personal space at times. He does not want to be constrained in anyway. For example, he does not like it if I place my hand on his side while nursing. Lewis wants to be free to move at all times! 
- Eight teeth have made their way through the gums.
- Thankfully, Lewis has become a much better sleeper. He goes to bed around 7:30 pm, nurses around 10:00 pm and then sleeps until 6:00 am. An hour later he takes a two hour morning nap. Then around 1:00 pm he takes another two hour nap.
- We are still nursing 4 times a day. I plan to keep these until his first birthday. I am hoping to drop one feeding a week until he's finished. I wouldn't mind if it didn't take four weeks, but I'm not trying to get my hopes up. 
- I have given him two haircuts. I know some people want to be 'natural' and wait till the first birthday, but I'm the one who has to look at it all day!


Below are some pictures from today. I know this is sad, but this was the first time we've played in our yard. Before you pass judgement:
1. Mosquitos are worse than flies down here.
2. It's finally cooled down.
3. Last spring he couldn't even sit up.
4. He breaks out in hives if I put him in grass without pants. (Just like me.)
5. We do go outside a lot, but we stay on the porch.
Happy boy.

My face is dirty, but that just means I'm having fun.

Chewing on that finger again!

Look at all these pretty leaves.

They taste nasty, but I keep putting them in my mouth.

"Come here and give me a hug."

Lewis sees the phone.

My favorite chew toy- Mom's Phone.

A shot from under the tree looking up.

Oh, we need to rake!

Aren't these so pretty?!?

No comments: