Wednesday, November 30, 2011

11 months and 2 weeks old

Lewis' 1st Birthday is almost here and I'm feeling very sentimental. Everyday I find myself thinking about what I was doing just a year ago and then thinking about the first time I saw his face and held him right after the birth. I know everyone says this, but it's true... I CANNOT believe it has been a year since he was born. This year has flown by and yet so much has happened.

The last few weeks Lewis has changed dramatically more than past weeks. Here is a little recap of his changes:

-He waves but not by opening and closing his hand but instead by twisting his wrist back and forth.
-He loves pulling clothes out of the dryer and drawers.
-He likes to roll balls around the rooms and chase after them- giggling the whole time. It's really precious.
-Lewis walks, but only if someone will hold his hand. Actually he will run, but only if someone will hold his hand. As soon as we let go he sits down. I know he can walk I just wish he knew it.
-I heard Lewis say, "No" to Tim in church when he was 'shhhing' him.
-Lewis says, "Mama" Mmm-o-mmm-yyy" and "Mom- Mom- Mom- Mom" all day long. Sometimes he does this while standing at my feet, pulling on my pants and stomping his feet! Yes, the 'I'm so frustrated but all I can do is yell and stomp my feet' has begun.
-Lewis loves to swing at the park.
-If we spend all day at home he goes a little stir crazy and pounds on the front door to go out.
-We had our 1st embarrassing restaurant experience on the way home from Thanksgiving. Lewis threw a fit in Cracker Barrel, but we cannot really blame him since he had been in the car all week! Other than this one time Lewis was extremely good while traveling for Thanksgiving.
-He loves to dance and pound his hands to a beat.
-He is very strong-willed but loves to have fun and laugh. He prefers to be around people and loves to talk to anyone.
-Thankfully, he still takes two long two hour naps.
-He hates shopping. Going to the grocery store is usually awful unless I give him snacks.
-Lewis will sit quietly flipping through the pages of his books for several minutes each day.
-I am gradually weening him and I hope to be done nursing by 13 months.

No comments: