Lewis turned 2 on December 14th. We had a T-Ball Birthday Party for him and his friends! It was actually the PERFECT party! The weather was great, especially for December, and the party was relaxed and fun. We invited all the boys and girls his age from church and a few extras outside of church and went to Golden Baseball Stadium. The historic stadium hasn't been used in several years, but it still looks great as a backdrop for a T-Ball game.
 |
| Golden Stadium |
 |
| Lewis doesn't look too happy in this shot, but he wasn't feeling well that day. |
 |
| I made baseball cupcakes and offered Cheetos, Peanuts, fruit kabobs and carrots with ranch. |
 |
| I was surprised at how many people ate the peanuts... I think it was all those Dads. |
 |
| As you can tell home base was a little crowded. |
 |
| Present opening was a little crowded too! ha ha... |
 |
| You can't even see Lewis sitting on my lap... when it's one child's birthday it's everyones! |
Again, it was a great party. I had a good time and so did Lewis. During our recent trip to Kansas we celebrated Lew's birthday again along with Kaelen and Kendrick's (December 15th) and Grams (December 28th).
 |
| Grams, Kaelen, Kendrick and Lew. (Tim is pictured too, but it's to keep Lewis from diving into the cake.) |
 |
| Look at that sweet face! |
 |
| He has gotten good at blowing out those candles! |
As many two year olds do, Lewis has moved into a regular bed. We made the switch last night and I think he likes it. He hasn't asked to go back to the crib nor shown any sadness over the change. Last night it took him about 10-15 minutes to get him to stay in his bed and fall asleep. Although, something I was not expecting was Lewis waking up at 1:30am and wandering around the house! We spent the next two hours getting him to get back in bed and asleep. Nap time was difficult as well. He got up several times and cried a lot. Thankfully, tonight (his second night in the new bed) he only tempted to leave his room once and went to sleep almost instantly!
 |
| Trying it out for the first time. |
Now that Lew is two his personality has really come out. He really enjoys his friends and talks about them throughout the day. He also loves dogs and almost any animal. He likes to be around others, but usually not large groups like at church. He really hates for others to be in his 'personal space' and usually tells them so with a quick whack to the face. (VERY embarrassing for me!) He loves music and dancing with Daddy. He likes routine and being at home. He is usually his worst on Sundays and anytime we expect too much of him, for example, while traveling. He really enjoys singing with me and his favorite songs are: ABC, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and I May Never. He's never afraid to make up his own version and sing at the top of his lungs while we are grocery shopping. I, of course, encourage the creativity and join along.
Lew is a sweet boy! He has been telling me, "You're pretty!" as he runs his hands through my hair! It melts my heart every time. He is also very affectionate. He gives lots of hugs and kisses to Tim and I and even to a few friends. He has even kissed the baby without prompting.
Two is a great age! Yes, there are many difficulties (mostly hitting) that I struggle with the most, but he is so joyful and that is fun to be around.
No comments:
Post a Comment