Well let's back up a few days... I am 99% positive I have PUPPS (check it out here: http://dermatology.about.com/cs/pregnancy/a/puppp.htm ). Anyway, I have a friend who was also lucky enough to experience it. After one night of sleeplessness I was at my wits end and called my good friend for some sleep advice. She suggested the olive oil and saran wrap; therefore, I gave it a try last night. Oh boy did it burn! I guess everyone's skin is different, but after 10 mins of it I tore off the wrap and breathed a sigh of relief.
So I'm not sure what the moral of the story is. I am very grateful for the advice and I wish it would have worked. For my friend the olive oil kept her skin moisturized and the saran wrap blocked the tickling air from her skin and allowed her to sleep. Thankfully, modern medicine has created Tylenol PM... which I took and slept much better than the night before.
For those of you wondering... we go to the OB on Tuesday for the official diagnosis. I will let you know if it really is PUPPS.

3 comments:
I am glad that the windows were open while we were lubin' you up and saran wrapping your belly. I know that our neighbors think we're mad scientists.
Wow, that's quite a story. Sorry it didn't help you.
Oh man... I hope our neighbors don't look into windows.
Post a Comment