For example:
It's 2:30am Tim wakes up to Lewis' hungry crying and brings a screaming baby to the bed room. Tim says, "Sara it's time to feed Lewis." My response: patting Lewis on the belly and saying, "Oh, it's okay baby." Tim says, "Sara! Wake up! It's time to feed Lewis." "Oh, I'm sorry honey, what?"
A couple of weeks ago Tim comes home, as he's walking up to the door he can hear Lewis crying. He walks in and sees me passed out on the bed. Who knows how much longer that would have continued until I woke up. haha...
Another night: Tim brings a crying Lewis to the bed room... "Oh honey, I'm already feeding him." "No, your not Sara... he's in my arms." As I look down in my lap I see there's no baby although I could have sworn I'm already feeding him.
Another night: Tim brings a crying Lewis to the bed room... I have already un-snapped my bra and I'm am in the 'feeding position' sitting up and holding my arms as though I have a baby in them. Tim says, "Sara, what are you doing?" "I'm feeding Lewis." "No, you aren't I have him." He then gives me a waking shake while laughing hysterically.
Another night: Lewis and I are on the couch as I'm feeding him around 4am. I accidently fall asleep. When I wake up it feels as though it was only 10 mins so we finish the feeding. I change his diaper and put him back to bed. Once I make it back to our room I glance at the clock... it's 7:30am! (I guess it wasn't 10 mins- more like 2.5 hours! ha ha)
Another night: My good friends Casey and Beth came into town for the weekend while Tim was at Winterfest. (Thank goodness!) Even though I have my monitor on full blast Casey (not me) wakes up from Lewis' crying. She brings Lewis to my bed room. She tries to wake me... "Sara, Lewis needs to eat." "Oh, okay." I walk to the living room and start looking around- "Where's the Miller 3?" "Huh? What are you talking about Sara. Wake Up! Lewis needs to eat!" "Oh! Hey Casey. What's up?" "Sara, Lewis needs to eat." Finally I come to reality... "Oh I'm so sorry Casey." Needless to say, Casey stayed up with me to make sure I was alright and I would actually feed Lewis and not go back to sleep.
There are so many more stories like these. Tim has made me promise if something ever happens to him I will get someone to move in with me. Otherwise, Lewis might starve! (Poor baby)
Side note: Lewis is a very healthy boy weighing around 18lbs at 3 months.
(I hope these stories make sense I'm not very good at 'writing' stories. )

2 comments:
HILARIOUS. I love it. You are such a good Coma Mama. :) I was so impressed with how chill you are as a first time mama. Probably from all that sleep you get. :)
I'm so glad you posted these...I was laughing out loud in front of my computer even though I've already heard these stories! Hope you guys are doing well, and I'm glad that you are sleeping more these days :)
Post a Comment