Friday, June 3, 2011

More Cooking

It's time to make some more baby food. In my last blog entry I talked about how overwhelmed I've been. It's been pretty hard adjusting to life as a mommy and everything else I was before too. After much prayer and talking with Tim and friends I am starting to get a handle on things. I realize I must say no to some things and pass on responsibilities to others. Also, I need to decide what we (Tim and I) believe is important and how we want to raise Lewis (being so crazy busy we don't have time to give him proper naps or stay at home 24-7 and never leave). We think our life should be a balance between too busy and not doing anything at all. Our lives will always be busy... this is the type of people we are. Although, we can chose what we busy ourselves with. My goal is stay at home a few days a week. Wednesday has become one of those days! Since the night time is busy with Bible Class the daytime will be busy cooking Lewis' food.


Here is Lew hanging out while I bake away.
This is what happens when you don't watch the water levels... you get burnt spots.
The rest turned out nicely.
The squash was not worth making myself. For $2 I was only able to get 6oz. On the other hand for $5 of organic apples I was able to get 24oz. I also really enjoyed doing the apples and when he gets older I will add cinnamon to them.
Cooking away. Don't look too closely my oven is not clean!


The following is a video I clipped (not very well) of Lewis trying squash. This first time he didn't seem to like it too much. Thankfully, when we tried it again the next day it went down much smoother!

1 comment:

David and Eryn said...

I love that face after he tried the squash! I just left you an email on your website :)