(This is how you will find us most days... sitting on the front porch- me sweaty and relaxed in my jeans and tank top while holding onto Lewis before he busts his head open.)
Lewis News:
-He loves to blow raspberries on anything he can get his mouth on (my foot or shoulder, toys, the floor, etc.)
-Just in the last 2 days he has really started babbling. It's too cute. He does it most when there is something already in his mouth (ie. pacifier, toy, hand)
-He pulls up on everything. He even attempts to pull himself up on the wall which is impossible, but he still tries.
-He can pick up Puffs with his forefinger and thumb. (Pinchers)
-Lewis is NOT a picky eater. I have yet to feed him something he didn't like. Speaking of eating, the newest foods are: cheese, yogurt, egg yoke, and blueberries. Oh, last week a little friend of his gave him a piece of bacon. He swallowed it before I could fish it out of his mouth! (oh well... ha ha)
-He is crawling. We baby-proofed the house a few days ago due to this new development. I am still adjusting to my locked cabinets.
-He seems to be too busy to nurse. This is very frustrating. He starts eating, but then something distracts him and he stops to sit up, look around, then realizes he wants to eat again so he starts crying. I hope this is just a phase and goes away soon.
-'Crying it out' is still our method of putting him to sleep. Thankfully, he doesn't usually cry longer than 5 or 10 minutes. Occasionally he will fall asleep without crying.
-He's holding steadying with his two teeth he received at 4 months.
-I am noticing a new clingy behavior. He is very good with strangers as long as I am not in sight, but as soon as we make eye contact the tears come.
-He can't get into a sitting position from his stomach yet, but I'm hoping that will soon come.
-He can steady himself if holding onto something, but only for a few seconds. He can go a few minutes if I am holding onto his hands.
-He seems to understand a few commands with gestures. (ie. "Come here" "Finished")
-He had never been sick until last weekend. Thankfully it wasn't too bad. I was able to control the fever with Tylenol. He still has a runny nose, but the fever is gone.
-He plays very well by myself. I can put him on the floor next to me (while I edit pictures) and he will play for 30-45 minutes with minor assistance from me.
-He loves his Daddy. Tim can make him laugh so easily.
With 8 months being days away I am realizing 1 year is just around the corner and with that nursing will end. Despite a few frustrating days/weeks nursing has been more of a blessing than I could have imagined. Although, I am eagerly looking forward to wearing an underwire again!


No comments:
Post a Comment