Saturday, December 3, 2011

Still Sick

For the last 11 months I have prided myself on the fact that Lewis has not gotten sick- not even once. Well I swallowed my pride when Lewis was 11 months and 2 days old, he got sick with Croup. Ugh. It broke my heart to hear him coughing and struggling to breath. It lasted a few days, but we made it through. Then we went off to Ohio for Thanksgiving.
When we returned from Thanksgiving Lewis started acting fussy and by Thursday (almost 2 weeks after getting Croup) he got a horrible fever of 103.7. I took him to the Dr. and they diagnosed him with a double ear infection. Then today, just when I thought he was getting better, a rash appeared. At first I thought it was from his antibiotics, but then I noticed it not only on his bottom, but on his hands, feet and mouth.  Yep, you guessed it... Lewis has Hand Foot and Mouth Disease. I'm telling you... I will never again brag about how healthy my child is.

On a side note: I didn't realize Lewis was sick with Hand Foot and Mouth when I took him to see Santa.
Another side note: I have to give credit to Heather Jiles, because she is the one who realized Lewis had Hand Foot and Mouth. She saved me a visit to pediatric after hours.

No comments: