Thursday, December 29, 2011

Holy Cow

We are moving to Abilene, Texas! (See previous post for more information.)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEWIS!




Holy Cow. I have so much to write about and not enough time to spend doing it. Let me try my best to include several big events from the last month all in one blog post.

At the beginning of the month Lewis got a double ear infection and came down with Hand, Foot and Mouth. Thankfully, he was better in time for his Birthday 'week'. Yes, Birthday 'week'. Everyday we had a big event happening. Monday night we started meeting with close friends to share the big news of our upcoming move to Abilene. We did more sharing on Tuesday night. Wednesday was his b-day and that night we had a smash cake at church to celebrate. Thursday was a prep day for Friday when a videographer would come film 'A Day in the Life of Lewis'. (More on this later.) That night my brother, Greg, his wife, Melissa and their 3 boys arrived. Saturday was our small birthday party for Lewis. Then Sunday we announced to the congregation our news.

My brother and his family stayed until December 26th and we loved our visit. Actually, I think Lewis had withdrawals after his cousins left. They had such a good time playing with one another.

My parents also made their way down to Alabama for Christmas. Unfortunately, my Dad got the flu just before he arrived and since he wasn't fully recovered yet he and my Mom stayed in a hotel the first night.  Once they came over we crammed 10 people into my tiny house! Yes, it was crazy but so much fun. Tim and I set up a mattress in Lewis' room. Greg and Melissa and the kids had the large guest room and Mom and Dad took Tim and I's room.

While our family was here Lewis seemed to pick up some fun new things. He actually plays peek-a-boo while covering his face and then uncovering it. Before he always relied on me to be the one to hide behind something. Also... he took his first steps today! It was perfect... Tim and I were playing with him in the foyer when all of a sudden he let go of the computer chair and while holding a baseball he took a few steps towards Tim. I cheered so loudly it scared Lewis. ha ha...

Oh and Lewis and I have finished nursing. I know it was a crazy month to be weening, but it went very smoothly. It took us around 4 weeks and Lewis actually quit the last feeding himself. And I must admit I am enjoying my new freedom.

On a sad note... My parents planned on staying through December 29th, but on the morning of the 28th we got the call that my Dad's mother passed away in her sleep. Therefore, my parents took the first flight back home. My parents have been her caregivers for the last 6 - 7 years and it has been a hard few days for them. Lewis and I will fly out Saturday for the funeral on Monday, Jan. 2nd.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Wow and wow!!! Congratulations on your up-coming move! It sounds like you guys have had a LOT going on to say the least! Hopefully we will get to hang out a couple more times before your departure. See you soon!