I was telling a friend of mine, Erin McLaughlin, about our most recent adventure to see Tim at work. She convinced me I needed to tell you about this too.
I went up to the church building to take Tim lunch. My intentions were not to stay, but drop it off and go home. Well Tim asked if we could stay and eat with him. How could I pass that up, right?!?
I wish I would have listened to my instincts and took our wiggly boy straight home. Within 30 minutes Lewis had one of those dirty diapers that seems to fog the whole room with a nasty stench. I usually wait 10 minutes before I change his diaper to make sure he's finished. Well the smell was so bad I didn't want the others working to smell it; therefore, I began the changing process. My 1st mistake was not taking Lewis to the nursery changing table. Changing him on the office floor Lewis made a run for it. As he managed to stand up while I'm trying to wrestle him to the ground with poop on my hands Lewis starts pooping while walking off! There I am with poop already on my hands and I start trying to catch more of it as he walks off. I'm trying to be as discreet as possible and not freak out, because I don't want everyone else to know what just happened- especially Tim! Although, with Tim just a foot away there is no way to keep the chaos from him. By the end of it all we managed to get poop on his clothes, the carpet, myself and the couch! It was a mess.
Speaking of messes. Lewis loves the dishwasher! The lock has been a life-saver, but just this morning he figured out how to unlock it. He also loves to grab ahold of the oven handle and try to climb up the front. Well the other day I didn't have it locked and down he went taking the oven door with it. Yikes!
Recently he has become a little shy acting. I'm not sure if he's playing a game with approaching people as he hides himself into my shoulder, but I think it's precious. I say that he's being shy, but just yesterday he plunged himself into two strangers catching all of us off guard.
All in all... he is your typical 13 month old boy:
-desires independence, but realizes he needs my help
-very aggressive and likes to hit my face and pull my hair (which we are working on stopping)
-spits out his food constantly
-has a new dislike for veggies
-loves music
-loves books
-loves his friends and playdates!
With all the changes that have taken place in the last month our lives have been busy busy, but we seem to be making it through with God at the center! Please keep us in your prayers as we put the house on the market and plan to move in the next 7 months!
God is good and may he bless you and your family.
No comments:
Post a Comment