The housing market is ROUGH! It took us 45 minutes just to come to grips with our low asking price. When we bought this home it had been on the market for only 24 hours before we put in an offer. The sellers had 5 families lined up to see the house that day; therefore, it was urgent to get our offer in before anyone else. Thankfully, the buyer didn't want a bidding war so we were blessed with her acceptance. We moved in just 3 weeks later. Secretly, I wish for the same thing to happen for us... an offer within 24 hours. Well we are coming up on that 24 hour mark and no offers. Am I surprised? No. I don't want to come across as naive, because I am not. I am very realistic about this process. I know it could take a very long time and I am okay with that. Well, I keep telling myself I am okay with that.
Now comes the fun part... Keep your house spic and span until it sells. I am not a great housewife. My house always has toys laying around, beds unmade, dirty dishes in the sink/table, laundry overflowing the basket, etc. My goal is:
1. Do the dishes after every meal.
2. Vacuum every evening.
3. Keep up with the laundry.
4. Make the bed every morning.
5. Pick up after Lewis and I throughout the day.
Will this happen? I hope so. We are on day one and so far so good. Lewis is a very messy eater especially since he wants to spoon feed himself and it rarely seems to make it into his mouth. Although, I am determined to keep a clean house. Who knows... maybe it will even become a habit!
| The latest mischievous moment for Lewis. |

No comments:
Post a Comment