| Left to Right: Casey, Cristen, Ryan and Me |
![]() |
| Cristen |
![]() |
| Beth |
![]() |
| Cristen and I |
My dear friends, Cristen, Ryan, Beth and Casey. I always miss these girls, but lately I have felt our distance seems further than 'just a phone call away.' I'm not sure what has brought on these feelings, maybe the life-change we are going through or the fact that it's been too long since we were last together. Either way, I feel that you are due for a blog on my Harding Girls.
Cristen was the first person I met at Harding. We had an instant connection and we decided to be roommates that 1st year which turned into 3 more years. We were inseparable that first semester. You never saw one of us without the other. We shared clothes, shoes, make-up, everything! Cristen loves to have fun and let loose, but she is also very grounded which helped me stay out of trouble. We also travelled together throughout Europe from January - April 2004.
Ryan lived across the hall from us the first semester which is how we met. She was currently rooming with another girl, but we soon changed that. By the 2nd semester she became another of our roommates. Ryan and I liked dating and even became a little competitive at times. We both have strong personalities and a little bit of a wild side too. We have always felt more like sisters than close friends.
Beth is my sweetest friend and I am so thankful for her. She was always more reserved than me (not hard to do) and I think I scared her a little at first. We shared a suite from day one until she married Logan. I think our friendship really blossomed after I married Tim. I was very lonely still being in Searcy, graduated, but putting a husband through school. It was at this time we grew a deep relationship that I know will last a lifetime.
Casey and I met our first semester as well. She lived next door to our loud room. She was always on the more studious track and finished HU within 3 years. With her home nearby we often went back to Memphis for long weekends and getaways. The best trip was our freshmen spring break to Boca Rotan, FL and DisneyLand.
Each of these girls are very deer to my heart. When I look at these pictures I see innocent girls curious to see what the future would hold. Well today Cristen and her husband, Jason, live in London. They are enjoying the childless life and traveling on the weekends to places like Rome, Paris, India, etc. Casey is a speech pathologist. She and her husband, Hunter, live outside of Huntsville, AL and are expecting their 1st baby in April. Ryan is the director for Little Saints Preschool. Her and her husband, Daniel, live in Searcy, AR and have a little 7 month old, Cooper. Beth is an adjunct professor at Harding. She and her husband, Logan, live in Searcy, AR with their two year old Ellis.
We live far apart and live different lives, but we remain friends. These girls gave me precious memories and have helped mold me into who I am today. I am so thankful for each one.
*Girls sorry for the bad pictures... these were the only digital images I could locate.




1 comment:
OH. GOODNESS. Talk about a flashback and a tear jerker! Bless you, sweet friend. We've all come soooooooo far since these photos...can I get an AMEN!?!?
Post a Comment