Thursday, February 28, 2013

Little Brother

22 weeks
Little Brother

No name yet, but like with Lewis we plan on keeping the name a secret; therefore, we are in no hurry. As soon as we do pick it I will have to keep a secret; I'm not very good at that! 

They say every pregnancy is different and I agree to some degree. It's been much easier in many ways. I'm not as tired nor nauseated. I have more energy and I haven't gained as much weight. In other ways it is much more difficult. My bladder is much weaker and the development of an umbilical hernia is very painful. Another difference, Little brother moves more than Lewis did at this point! In fact, I felt little brother around week 15 on a daily basis, but I didn't feel Lewis until week 17 and even then it wasn't daily.

I am still running and doing Stroller Strong Moms. I, of course, have had to scale back a bit and modify some of the workouts, but I really enjoy working out. There are several second/third time Moms joining me with our growing bellies. I think continuing to work out will help me loose the baby weight faster than I did with Lewis. (Well, that's the goal.)

This pregnancy seems to be flying by. I really need to jump on board and get everything ready, but it's hard to find the time. Thankfully, I did go through all of Lewis' baby clothes and find the Newborn and 0-3 sizes. Now that I know what I have I can register for what I still need. 

A big difference between little brother and Lewis is they will be born in different states. We have switched OB's and little brother will be a Georgia native. We still haven't decided on which hospital; one is on the verge of closing down it's Labor and Delivery Ward. 

Lewis has been precious. He loves to pull up my shirt to expose my belly and talk with little brother. He gives him kisses and 'wiggles' him around. 'Wiggles' consists of gently wiggling my belly back and forth.

No comments: